Joyce has experience in carrying out engagements in tax advisory on indirect and direct taxes, tax computations and compliance, KRA audit assistance, VAT refund assignments, transfer pricing assignments, tax risks and opportunities assessments (healthchecks), tax trainings and waiver applications.
She has worked with major industry players in and outside in real estate companies, tourism, telecommunication, manufacturing, shipping and logistics and the banking industry players.
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance option)
Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”)
Jan 2018- Present: Tax Analyst 1, Taxwise Africa Consulting LLP
May 2015-Dec 2017: Tax Analyst 2, Taxwise Africa consulting LLP
Jan 2014- May 2017: Account’s Assistant, Nyiha Mukoma & Co. Advocates
- VAT refund assignments that involve making the refund application on behalf of the client and follow up on the approval;
- Tax risk and opportunity assessment for various clients;
- Audit assistance; where we work with the client to respond to any tax assessments and tax demand arising from the Revenue Authority;
- Tax computations and tax filings for both direct and Indirect taxes;
- Transfer pricing assignments
- Tax lobbying ; Lobbied for a client in Kenya where the client was granted an exemption from VAT on raw materials used in manufacturing sanitary towels; and
- Tax trainings.