Edwin’s key areas of expertise include international, regional and local tax advisory with a focus of providing bespoke and practical solutions for businesses across the East African region and beyond. He has undertaken assignments such as due diligence reviews, transfer pricing engagements, employment tax reviews, tax structure and restructure advisories, VAT refunds, tax health checks, tax compliance engagements among others.
Edwin’s experience is based on supporting clients from a wide range of sectors including manufacture, entertainment, real estate, finance service, information technology, transport, agribusiness, construction and marketing.
University of Nairobi – Bachelor of Economics and Statistics
Summit Institute of Professionals – Certified Public Accountant (Finalist)
Kenya School of Revenue Administration – Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Law and Administration
September 2019 – Present: Senior Tax Analyst, Taxwise Africa Consulting LLP
October 2017 – August 2019: Tax Advisor, Rödl & Partner Kenya
- He has advised multinational enterprises operating in countries such as Mauritius, Rwanda, Dubai, Mozambique and Kenya on optimum tax structures based on local tax legislation and internationally best adopted practices.
- He has been involved in the mergers, acquisitions and reorganization of companies operating in Kenya and Rwanda seeking to leverage on resulting tax opportunities and mitigate tax risks on tax heads such as VAT and income tax.
- He has been involved in reviewing and advising one of Kenya’s largest international airlines on the scope of their income tax exemption within Kenya’s jurisdiction.
- He has advised several multinational enterprises on available and applicable tax treaties within their operating jurisdictions, assisting them take advantage of tax saving opportunities.
- He has successfully followed-up on several income tax exemption applications for charitable organizations operating in different regions of Kenya.
- He has also been involved in transfer pricing engagements and set-up advisories for foreign investors seeking to establish their presence in Kenya and the wider East African region.